Lead Pastor Voting Information
Wednesday evening, May 10, 7 pm, Worship Center, is our congregational DECISION TIME. At the conclusion of this meeting, we will take a member vote on the Elders' recommendation that we invite Jack Napier to be our new lead pastor. A couple of very important things to keep in mind:
- Members will vote, but you are welcome at the meeting even if you're not a member, and will be given an opportunity to affirm the choice.
- BE THERE. It's vitally important you attend the meeting, especially if you ARE a member. If I had the power, I would REQUIRE your attendance. Our bylaws require a 50% quorum, which means we must have 175 active members present before we can even take a vote.
- If you're a couple, please don't send one and the other stay home with the kids. It would threaten our ability to establish a quorum. We will provide childcare.
- Nobody can vote by proxy. We will have individual ballots with your name on it available for every member. You will receive yours at the door. You must be in the room to vote unless you have submitted an absentee ballot.
- ABESENTEE BALLOTS are available if you CANNOT be here. We know this happens. But they're not available just for your convenience so you don't have to attend the meeting. Let the office know and an absentee ballot will be emailed to you, or you can pick one up at the office. Absentee ballots must be returned by May 9 to be counted.
- This evening congregational meeting is more than a vote. There are several items of vital information we will share that are important to establishing a solid foundation for the next era of Grace's ministry.
If you have not yet, please review Jack's cover letter and resume. Also available is his prayer for the church and Courtney's letter of introduction to her and their family. A few hard copies are also available at the Connection Desk.